Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Runs terribly before warmed up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Runs terribly before warmed up.

I am running an open loop speed density tune. It runs spectacularly when its fully warmed up. I just put green tops in it and for some reason, it drives like crap before it is warmed up, for like the first 5 mins, it has a dead spot off of idle. Any ideas? Ill log and see what is going on with spark and a/f but where exactly do you tune this area?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stupid question I suppose, but did you change the IFR table for the new injectors?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I am running an open loop speed density tune. It runs spectacularly when its fully warmed up. I just put green tops in it and for some reason, it drives like crap before it is warmed up, for like the first 5 mins, it has a dead spot off of idle. Any ideas? Ill log and see what is going on with spark and a/f but where exactly do you tune this area?
If your VE is good warm, sounds like a lean stumble during warmup, which is common. Log the temp that it happens at and AFR.. This is where I look to the OLFA to get warmup fueling back in line. Maybe even try putting it back to stock until 160ish degrees and see how it does... either way, sounds like that's where you need to be.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good call, I forgot about the olfa table, should be pretty self explanatory. Thanks!

And yes, i took care of ifr and other injector settings.