PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit, at all user friendly??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Edit, at all user friendly??

Ive been reading a lot on Edit and i know its the best tool to be able tog et the most out of out cars, but as i read more about it, it seems like im going to be buying it for someone else to use because it sounds a bit to advanced for me and i definately dont wanna screw my car up, so am i basically correct in that its best used by someone who has experience with it or can it be learned fairly easily? or should i just get a Predator or something like that.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it with no knowledge of how the PCM interacts and monitors the car and its sensors. And am doing jsut fine with what i have learned in the short amount of time. LS1Edit coupled with EFILive and you cant go wrong. Of course I have not mastered tuning in its entirety (cam tuning) but I plan on learning from here and other forums as well. And sometimes when you buy cams from some of the vendors they will help and guide you to getting the car running and idleing great. It is then up to you with the dyno, logging and edit to squeeze the last bit of performance out of it
Old 11-06-2003, 05:37 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
I bought it with no knowledge of how the PCM interacts and monitors the car and its sensors. And am doing jsut fine with what i have learned in the short amount of time. LS1Edit coupled with EFILive and you cant go wrong. Of course I have not mastered tuning in its entirety (cam tuning) but I plan on learning from here and other forums as well. And sometimes when you buy cams from some of the vendors they will help and guide you to getting the car running and idleing great. It is then up to you with the dyno, logging and edit to squeeze the last bit of performance out of it
werd, i just bought my efi live and edit a few weeks ago and am still learning. as long as you can try and understand what your doing and change values a little at a time and monitor things you should be fine.

i bought edit cuz diablo doesnt make predator for 98's so edit was the only option. for basic tuning and deleting codes you should be fine on your own. for a full in depth tune i'd look into having someone else do it or help you out if your not comfortable enough to do it yourself. keep in mind that you CAN severly **** up your car if your not careful and dont do things right. thats not meant to scare you but it is a reality. but like i said, for basic things you should be fine and there are plenty of ls1edit forums to ask questions and learn things before you actually change them and flash them on to your pcm.

education and patiences are you best bets when it comes to edit.