PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats my best course as far as PCM tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats my best course as far as PCM tuning?

I've gotten my ls1 swap running but its running like complete crap: Currently its in an 86 monte carlo- stock 99 vette ls1 with F body cable TB and harness and a th400 trans. I've got the obd2 port hooked up and working and can get all the computer read outs with out snap on scanner. It appears as the computer has been tuned to bypass the actual o2 sensor read outs(as when you unplug them they still vary in reading depending on rpm) The guy who sold me the pcm said it had been tuned for an ls1 with bigger heads/cam. But i would still think it should be able to learn and compensate but the fuel trim stays 0 variance short and long term. I'm assuming the car the pcm was in was dyno tuned for speed density or somthing. It runs very rich and bogs under throttle but if you quickly blip the throttle rapidly you can get the rpms to go up without killing the motor. WOT seems ok also. Would I be better off going with a stock pcm or having a tune put on this one dollar wise? Is there like an actual chip you can replace or do you send in your whole PCM? If a stock pcm is the best/cheapest option what year/model combo would I go with? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile

Get a tune,

Which is re-flashed through your car's OBD port and re-writes the programme in your PCM.
Look for a good tuner!
Do a bit of homework and check around. Also check on pricing.
A mailtune, is more than good enough if you find a well experienced tuner.
There are more "not so good" ones than there are good.

Tread carefully!