PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 oil pressure sender unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 04:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ls1 oil pressure sender unit

Hi, tried searching and found out that corvette and gto uses it to send to pcm which sends go gauge, so then its possible to read via hptuners etc, in the same way you can connect a wbo2 to a 5v input signal on the pcm.

my engine comes from a 2000 transam. so oil pressure sensor goes directly to gauge

is the sensor a 5v unit?
has anyone got the specs for the sensor though so I can get the readings correct? and what external gauges fit this type of sender giving a correct reading

my ls1 is in a 1986 porsche turbo, so I somewhat doubt my stock oil pressure gauge will read correctly.

I haven't fired everything up yet as I managed to cut a plug wire while makeing the harness (doh) but it would be nice to have oil pressure when firing up for the first time. I COULD tap it at remote filter mount etc, but seeing as the car allready has a sensor it seems rather silly.

eventuall I'm hopeing to run a aim mxl digital dash once my buddy finishes the rs232 to odbii converter.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone? searced more and found other aftermarket digital dash that works with the ls1 doesnt see oil, even on corvette/gto which is weird