Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubleshooting P0340

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting P0340

I recently semi-completed a swap of a 06 GTO ls2 into an RX7 using a stand alone harness from current performance. When I try to start the car it sometimes fires up quickly, other times it takes quite a bit of time. After the car starts, it seems to run fine, but the amount of time the motor has run has been limited to slow speeds through my neighborhood. My check engine light now comes on after the second consectutive time starting the car without disconnecting the battery. I pulled the codes from the cumputer and it is showing P0340 (along with some other non related issues due to the swap). I tried to use an online troubleshooting guide I found:
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20...or%20P0341.htm

The pinout description of the cam position sensor connector doesn't seem to agree on the voltages though (12 Volt vs 5Volt):
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/LS2/Enginec...controls10.JPG

When following the troubleshooting guide, the low reference reads .3 Ohms and is in spec. Pin C reads 11.7 Volts (which is out of spec per the trouble shooting guide but matches the connector diagram???) Pin A read nothing. It isn't shorted to ground or +12V and I verified that the wire runs all the way back to the ECM. Not sure what this means, but I hope it doesn't mean the computer is shot.

Any one have any suggestions? The troubleshooting guide and the connector pinout seem to disagree on some stuff so I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

Appreciate any help you can give. Actual connector voltage measurements of a "working" CMP sensor would be even better!!

Mike C
Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you solve the issue? What worked?

Quick Reply: Troubleshooting P0340