Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any break after tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any break after tune?

I am getting my car tuned. Are there any special instructions after getting the tune. I know the engine has to run all of its diagnostics tests and emissions crap for like the first 20 miles or so, but are there any particular driving instructions? Thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick, it just depends on what you are getting tuned.

If it is just a WOT dyno tune and the optimum AFR and spark is found, then you just want to make sure idle is good, and you can rev it to the rpm you want.

If you are running 'closed-loop', the car's learning of LTFT's will occur over the course of a few days and several driving cycles.

I can not think of any 'special instructions', other than suggesting that purchasing your own wideband is always a smart thing to do. If you are really motivated having your own tuning software will allow you many other tuning options.

Otherwise, just enjoy your tune and see how your car runs. If you are there when it is dyno-tuned, then you can see what AFR and spark is used and go from there.

Hopefully this answered your question. There are really no 'special instructions' if the car is tuned properly.

..WeathermanShawn..