PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running out of options(long post please help!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running out of options(long post please help!)

Ok so here goes. I just finished with a H/C/I swap and got the car tuned. No problems there. So two days after getting the car tuned I changed the oil and after I started it up I got a SES light. Got the code read at Autozone and it was P0327 knock sensor 1 Circut low input. So I replaced the harness and both sensors. No more code. At the same time that happend the car started falling on its face under a load. Thought it could be a bad plug ,wire or coil but that wasnt it. Check the fuel pressure and its at 56psi. So a buddy of mine hooked it up to a snap on scan tool and ran some real time tests. Everything is perfect, but we check it under a load and at 61% load the car cuts out like its hitting the limiter. It does this off idel if you mat it and if you roll into it it does it at 5500 to 6000rpm. The car isnt throwin a code or anything and nothing is out of ordinary on the scaner. The fuel pressure doesnt drop when it cuts out either and the scanner doesnt show any miss fires. Could it be something electrical or a fuse or some thing. Im bout to burn this damn car. The car is a 01' A4 SS with a 3800 edge converter.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

The newly activated knock sensors may now be seeing 'false knock' from the cam combo and pulling timing even though none is needed - may have to 'de-sensitize' them. Did you check spark timing during the periods of no-power?

Bird
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Interesting how no one posts back with results after you give them help. Just an observation. I'm really drunk.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry Rocko, It was a short in the engine harness.