Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Wacky Ltrim/Fueling Issue - Looking for ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Very Wacky Ltrim/Fueling Issue - Looking for ideas

At idle, part throttle, and WOT my Ltrims are perfectly fine and A/F is just dandy.

Let off the gas in gear though and coast and bank 1 goes to -16% but bank 2 only goes -6%, A/F richens up to 12:1 and no matter how long I wait as I coast down the car cannot recover. Tap the gas to get going again then boom the 02's go to almost zero, A/F goes to 16-17:1 then a second or less later all is normal again. O2's are even, Ltrims are even, A/F is 14.7

The byproduct is a very annoying surge as the car decides to go instantly from 12:1 to 17:1 when I give it gas again. Plus I have to think I am getting worse gas milage as well. Seeing as I drive in alot of traffic which leads to alot of off the gas, on the gas, off the gas, on the gas, the surging/bucking is extrememly annoying.

What baffles me is why there is only a descrepency at decel. If it was a vacum leak or exhaust leak or something of that nature should I not see things messed up in all situations??? IE idle, part throttle, wot, decel.....

If anybody has any theories lets hear em.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmmm i dont know, mine do that but after a while they recover, i had a problem just not at bad as this and it was my plug wires were loose. when i let off there wasnt enough spark and one side read richer. when i was on the gas it was getting enough spark. might be something to check out..other than that just hope someone else would chime in here
Old 11-12-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

and i dont understand wht u mean by surge can u explain?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

the car will bascially lunge.

the plugs and wires theory has crossed my mind. it's about time for them to be changed anyway so I will try that.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

make sure the plugs are all gaped the same, that was part of my problem the 2nd time lol all were high at .057 and one was .067 lol nwo they are all .052 and are great