Sponsored by:

FI tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FI tune

Anyone have a tune on a blown H/C car?
I have a 98 C5 with a mid size cam (224) and heads at (10.8 comp) with a P1SC1 at 7psi (going to 9psi)
My timing table is WAY OFF, and to be honost, I don't even know where to START! So if I had somthing to start with, I could make the small changes
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

post your stuff and lets see what you got. tune wise.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got to get a little closer with my MAF and VE before I start on timing, since it's a boosted engine.
The tuner I took it to (very well known) got it ready for tuning by coping the low table to high table (to prevent knock while tuning fuel) but I had to stop the session becasuse of a fuel pump issue, so I've basically got no starting point. I have a great guy working with me on the fueling, and has provided me his tune, but he's running 9.5 and 14+ boost, and I'm running 10.8 and 7-9 boost, so it will not be as compatible as I really would like, although I will use if I have too.
When I get a little closer, if I haven't found a compatible one, I'll post my tune to get some opinions
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BOTTLE ROCKET
I've got to get a little closer with my MAF and VE before I start on timing, since it's a boosted engine.
The tuner I took it to (very well known) got it ready for tuning by coping the low table to high table (to prevent knock while tuning fuel) but I had to stop the session becasuse of a fuel pump issue, so I've basically got no starting point. I have a great guy working with me on the fueling, and has provided me his tune, but he's running 9.5 and 14+ boost, and I'm running 10.8 and 7-9 boost, so it will not be as compatible as I really would like, although I will use if I have too.
When I get a little closer, if I haven't found a compatible one, I'll post my tune to get some opinions

Even with you lower boost but higher compression you should take a little more timing out, but again it depends what you have now,,Post your tune and let others guide you..