PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My OBD2 won't connect, what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My OBD2 won't connect, what gives?

So i bought an actron OBD2 scanner from sears, plugged it in and it worked great, deleted two codes I had for fan circuit (since i spliced them to do a fan switch I figure).

Anyway, I took it to the track, the SES light came on, plugged the scanner in and it says "the tool must be connected to the vehicle to run this test". I tried it on my other vehicles, it works great. It just acts as if it's not plugged in to the connector.

What can I do to fix this? Could it be a bent connector? Wire broken?

Are there only supposed to be 4 connectors in the OBD2 connector on a '99 LS1 T/A?

I don't mind returning it and trying a new one but it works fine on every other vehicle.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

check you cigarette lighter fuse, the OBD port gets its power from that circuit.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Wow, I just did y manual fan switch and used the cigarette lighter circuit as the power for the LED. I blew the fuse when i did it but didnt replace it yet.

That was it. Boy am I relieved. I just got it tuned by frost and thought maybe there was an issue when I reinstalled the PCM.

Thanks for making my day.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Wow, I just did y manual fan switch and used the cigarette lighter circuit as the power for the LED. I blew the fuse when i did it but didnt replace it yet.

That was it. Boy am I relieved. I just got it tuned by frost and thought maybe there was an issue when I reinstalled the PCM.

Thanks for making my day.

Quick Reply: My OBD2 won't connect, what gives?