Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

data logging with hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default data logging with hp tuners

What do I do to data log with hp tuners? I know there is a way to just have the black box hooked up at the track and just plug in the laptop in the pits but when I hit record it doesn't seem to work. Is there something I have to configure in my laptop?
THanks
Old 08-17-2009, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1_bad_ss
What do I do to data log with hp tuners? I know there is a way to just have the black box hooked up at the track and just plug in the laptop in the pits but when I hit record it doesn't seem to work. Is there something I have to configure in my laptop?
THanks
Hope this helps Under Enhanced IO you will find standalone logging

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_scanner.htm
Old 08-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the same thing when I first tried to record. Somehow the PC is not aware you are connected to the car. The sequence of events you are following are not allowing the PC to know the car is attached.

I can't recall what order exactly but I think this is what I do:
Attach the cables and box to the PC, plug in to the car, bring up the VSM scanner, then start the car then record.

I would recommend playing with this away from the track - just do a short record of idling or a free rev or two, then saving it. My first test I drove around for 5 minutes then forgot to save it.

Quick Reply: data logging with hp tuners