PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NeedNeed Help ASAP.. Tried all that I know to do, but still nothing works.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NeedNeed Help ASAP.. Tried all that I know to do, but still nothing works.....

Ok, I have been having a problem and have tried all that I know to fix it. I really am not sure what could be causing the problem, but I am sure it is not the engine, since it " resets" itself...

The car is a Solid Roller Setup w/TH400 and 12bolt. The car has been flashed with an M6 tune, so the car does not throw tranny codes. The car also has a transbrake.

When running at the track I encounter a problem. The car will run fine on some runs and not on others.. The other night it seemed to be every other run. Here is what it is doing:

My revlimiter is set to 7200, but on some runs it will hit a limiter at 5800-6000 rpms. This limiter only seems to hit when I rev slowly. If I am sitting still and rev slowly it will hit the limiter at 5800-6000rpms, but if I blip the gas it will go to the shift light comes on at 7000rpms.

I disconnect the battery and wait approx 30 mins and hook it back up, everything is fine. Then on the next run it does it again.. The car does not cool completely down between runs, but I was giving it atleast 30-45 mins between runs. I have a Service Engine Soon light on, but autotap says it is just a Skip Shift code.

I drove the car for the first time on the street the other day and it did the same thing.. I was cruising on the highway at about 4,000 rpms and I nailed the gas, the car flashed the convertor and I hit the limiter at 5800 again.. I could not accelerate since it was hitting the limiter.

I replaced the TPS today and when I initially fired the car after hooking the battery back up it was fine, but after driving to my friends house it was back to doing it again. It still hits it when under load or accelerating slow, but if no load and you blip the gas it goes right past the spot.

This is killing me, does anyone have any ideas what to check, fix, or monitor? Any help is greatly appreciated...

I posted this everywhere I could think, then I decided maybe here would work..
Old 11-23-2003, 07:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like the computer is going into a cold motor rpm limit.It is ussually set at 4000rpm.You can go into Edit and set it to your rev limit.
For the higher limiters.I would expect you deleted the knock sensors because of the solid rollor?Also I find that some aftermarket tachs are slow like the stock one.My rev limiter hit's at 5000rpm for my 1st-2nd gear change when it is actually at 6800.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Sounds like the computer is going into a cold motor rpm limit.It is ussually set at 4000rpm.You can go into Edit and set it to your rev limit.
For the higher limiters.I would expect you deleted the knock sensors because of the solid rollor?Also I find that some aftermarket tachs are slow like the stock one.My rev limiter hit's at 5000rpm for my 1st-2nd gear change when it is actually at 6800.

What are you referring to about the cold motor limit? I have an aftermarket tach, so I know it is hitting the limit.. Drops the car from a 11.2 to a 12.xx at the track...

Thanks for the help....

Also have my .ls1 file if anyone wants to look at it....
Old 11-23-2003, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I garuntee you it is related to the VSS revlimits that are set when there is no good VSS signal. There is a table in the limiters section you shoudl be able to set it where all the other tabels are at.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
I garuntee you it is related to the VSS revlimits that are set when there is no good VSS signal. There is a table in the limiters section you shoudl be able to set it where all the other tabels are at.
What are you using to drive your speedometer? check to make sure its reoprting correctly