Sponsored by:

tuning my self(first timer)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning my self(first timer)

hey guys im looking into buying hp tuners to help me tune the bugs outta my car, my car is a 2000 m6 camaro ss, with the prc 5.3 and ms3. does anyone have any tips that can be useful. i want to get a dyno tune but the nearest place that does that is like 4-5 hours away, so i found a few buddys that will help me tune it on the street. are those tunes any good and yes there is a dyno around my area. but its mainly for imports and what not
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

search HP tuners forum. There is a TON of info on there, and a step by step tuning guide that will get you in the ball park.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

getting my own tuning software was the best money i ever spent on my car. A dyno should still be used to get the most out of the upper end timing, but i bet you wouldnt be sorry if you bought it.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

thanks guys for the input. currently my car is making a weird noise up top. so im buying a new intake because currently im on my stock one to see if that helps me out it sounds like my car is choking, it bogs down from 4k to 6k then picks back up and pulls to 6800 till i shift then it does it again. i was told dyno tune but i live in iowa and i dont want to drive my car to kansas city and have it blow up on the dyno so i figured i need to learn how to use something like this.....
Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Shameless plug here...
We sell HP Tuners in a kit that also includes a 227 page book on EFI tuning called Master EFI Tuner. The book has been selling very well thanks to the kudos and feedback we've been getting both here at ls1tech and on other forums. I think you'll find it extremely helpful as the book outlines a specific and truly effective tuning process that is backed up with real-world case studies. Check it out at...
http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...ter-EFI/Detail
And YES, we do sell the book separately for $69.99 plus shipping.
Cheers!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dan@masportspeedshop
Shameless plug here...
We sell HP Tuners in a kit that also includes a 227 page book on EFI tuning called Master EFI Tuner. The book has been selling very well thanks to the kudos and feedback we've been getting both here at ls1tech and on other forums. I think you'll find it extremely helpful as the book outlines a specific and truly effective tuning process that is backed up with real-world case studies. Check it out at...
http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...ter-EFI/Detail
And YES, we do sell the book separately for $69.99 plus shipping.
Cheers!
link doesnt work
Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

I purchased HP tuners and the book from Masport Speed. It is worth every penny and the book is far superior from any other tuning book I have read. I wish I had the $20 bux back that on I spent on Greg Banish's book, what a joke. I shoulda bought gas instead, haha.