Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does DFCO work

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How does DFCO work

When I run up to 5000 rpm in third gear and lift off the gas, the AFR goes rich for a second or two, then boom it jumps to 22. This must be the DFCO kicking in and shutting off fuel. If I am cruising at 3000 and I lift , my AFR will go 12,11,10,9,8 and stay at 8 until I hit the gas, the DFCO does not work. Is that normal for DFCO to only work when coasting from 4000 or above?? Is that normal for my AFR to be so rich when I decelerate???? When I am coasting my MAP is really low 20 or 25, should I lower my VE in the low MAP area so it will lean out when I lift off the gas??
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes lowering ve so that it is in the 14:1 area with out DFCO is a good idea. Then you have to change your map boundaries for DFCO enable with your camshaft. You simply are not pulling enough vacuum to enter DFCO at lower RPM's.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is to play around with the DFCO Enablers, especially MAP. As the previous poster mentioned, with a cam those MAP's can be hard to hit.

I would not necessarily be over concerned about a perfect match-up of VE and DFCO (depending on your goals). I bumped by enable MAP to match the MAP I get going down a hill (~20-24 MAP). It is all personal preference. I like using it when driving into the mountains. Other people find it annoying.

The bottom line is you have almost total control over it's function. It is normal for AFR's to go 'lean'. The injectors practically shut off as there is virtually no load on the engine. I actually use it to prevent an overly rich decel.

Good luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, Good advice, thanks to both of you for the input. Now I know where to start tuning.

Quick Reply: How does DFCO work