Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? About ABS and ASR Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? About ABS and ASR Light

Just found out on my sons car that the wire going to the sensor on the drivers side had gotten worn through by the spiral wrap on the hard brake line. The spiral wrap had worn through the plastic protective sheath and then through both wires insulation. He was getting the intermittent ABS and Traction Control also. We cut both wires in two and soldered them back together and put some shrink wrap over the repair. Slid the convoluted wrap back over the repair and then added another layer of the convoluted wrap for insurance.

At this point neither light is back on the dash. Seems to have repaired this problem.

My question is the two wires to the wheel sensors are twisted together the whole distance. To make the repair I had to undo about 4 or 5 inches of this twist. After the repair was made there is no way to twist the wires back together is this going to be a problem for us? Why are the wires twisted to begin with?

Thanks for any help with this.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT for another look.

He drove the car around the block and got no lights. So far so good, I am guessing it must be okay.