Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a little help. read me

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a little help. read me

Ok before I did my cam swap. My car would almost die when I would slow down and stop. No ses codes. Well now the problem I have is when I hit w.o.t and slow down at a red light it starts to buck. Rpm will bottom out and try to rev up before eventually dieing. I did get a ses light witch said low map circuit. Also when I'm at the red light I have to hold the gas a little to keep it idling. When I reset my pcm it works like nothings wrong. If I drive for long distances it will do it to. Help I need advise.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You need a better tune. With a cam like that, it should run like stock.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Teching In

I have a pcmforless custom tune. Is the tune causing problems with it dieing and why am I getting the map sensor low circuit code. Before I had the cam and tune everyonce in a while it would try to die but it never did. Am I missing something cause I don't see why I'm getting that map sensor code.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Need to get a scan to see whats going on. Your idle should be around 800 RPMs and your idle MAP KPA should be around 45kpa.

Your MAP sensor could have died, popped out, etc.

With it almost wanting to die before the cam and tune, you might have other issues as well.

Also, you need to see if both of your LTRIM banks are close to each other, if they are more than 5% apart from each other you have could have an exhaust leak somewhere.

Mail order tunes are to get you up and running, they are not designed for a final tune.

Basically, without a real scan we can only guess.....
Old 09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

I found a hole in one of my vacuum lines that runs from the head to the back side of intake. It was bad stuck out like a sore thumb. I also was told by a friend that I have a exhaust leak as well. So I replaced hose and went ahead and bought a new map sensor. I have appointment for my exhaust since clamps are only holding them on. Car now runs better with this alone. I'm going to get dyno tune next month. Thanks for the help.