Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

single or dual wideband setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default single or dual wideband setup?

I plan on buying a wideband & want to know what type should I get. Should I get a dual setup, my ORY has bungs for each bank, or just get a single, & whats a good brand? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I have a single and wish I had a double.

The Innovate MotorSports LM-1 is all I know and I can only tell you about my experience and opinion with it. First off, it works. The documentation is brief and assuming in that you already know how it should function and have a good basic understanding of circuits. Because of the next generation LM-2 model, Innovate's forum support for the LM-1 is not great. You'll get much better help here. Believe me, without help I would still be staring at the kit scratching my head. I bought the LM-1 over the less expensive LC-1 because of the hand held controller with the LCD gauge / display and ability to log without a laptop. Internal memory isn't huge but for me it is adequate.

The LM-1 has an analog output from a 3.5 mm stereo cable. You get two channels from the programmable output. One of the reasons I went with the Innovate unit is so I could replace the narrow band sensor with a wide band sensor. I then wired the #1 analog output into the O2 circuit wire loom to the PCM. The #1 output from the Innovate controller produces a voltage profile made from the wideband sensor to reproduce a narrow band voltage signal that satisfies the PCM's emission monitoring. I live in a place that requires smog checking. Understand the requirement to get this to work was quite difficult but in the end, worth the wait and study. The manual wasn't helpful but a member here (SSpDmon) was helpful so I was able to get it figured out and working. No DTCs, the computer is happy - this is cool.

For WB monitoring it's an easy thing to connect the LM-1 analog output #2 to my EFILive FlashScan because the LM-1 controller is programmed to produce the correct voltage output so it can be connected to EFILive FlashScan (V1) whereas EFILive has what it needs to be able accept and interpret this signal.That was a real plus for me when choosing.

Innovate sells two accessories for monitoring more than oxygen in the exhaust. The one I got with my kit is the RPM Convert or LMA-2. The other accessory the AUXBOX (LMA-3). This LMA-2 works very well for monitoring RPM with the WB data. I'm in the process of also monitoring the TPS and MPH through the LM-1 datalog. This is redundant to what I can log with EFILive but the LM-1 data is easier to learn and view because of the simple GUI and fine resolution

Innovate supplies a neat utility for viewing the datalogs called LogWorks but on both of my computers it crashes, exits and windows wants to send a report to MS. LogWorks gives great readability and has terrific resolution. You can scroll back and forth through the data graph but the crashing when trying to load / view a log file is quite annoying.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.paceperformance.com/pacep...ndshootout.pdf

Quick Reply: single or dual wideband setup?