Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to shake the cob webs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to shake the cob webs.

Well Its been a great summer filled with work and some vacation but its time to bring my car out of the garage and start running her again. I didnt drive her too often in the summer due to the extreme hot temps in Miami and Ive been really busy with work. Ive been a member of LS1 Tech for years but I forgot my password and I have changed my email address so I cant login under BLMONGOOSE anymore.

Enough cathing up now its time to get technical.

After months of rest the car runs like crap. It turn on and the idle is very rough. When I turn on the A/C the engine shuts off on me and I have to keep gassing it up to prevent her from shutting off.

I decided to raise the idle from 900 to 1050 to see if that would fix my idle probelm. I got a new laptop so I dont have a serial port anymore, Iam using this Iconcepts USB-serial adapter. So I have gotten ls1-edit to work but it fails 3-15 times b4 it can link to the PCM and re-flash it. The EFI LIVE works good and I havent gotten Autotap to work properly (it works with engine off but the seccond I start the engine the thing looses connection and cant be re-established)

Flashed PCM with higher idle and car runs great now she just feels like she ready to run all the time.

I connected the EFI Live and the AFR is at 14.6:1 and my LTRIMS at idle are about +11.5 and +11.7 under moderate accelaration and cruising they are about -4.5 and -4.

This doesnt seem right to me, I cant remember but shouldnt my AFR be around 12.4:1. At 14.6:1 iam running very lean right?

I know the Ltrims should be running at negative 11-12 at cruising speed with the car in gear. but they are at -4.5 an -4 indicating the car is running rich right?

Iam confused. I need some advise to jog my memory again? what going on with my car and these readings.

I also forgot hoe to convert my map pressure gm/s to gms/cyl so that I can see where on my timing curve Iam at. I tried just dividing my gm/s by 8 cylinders but that gives me numbers in the 20's and 40's. In ls1 edit the number are all below 1.0 example .6 .48 .08?

In ls1 edit in the high octane table .6 gms/cyl would be about 60% throttle?

My car modifications: stock lower end, GWP ported heads and cam for blower, GWP-ATI #9 blower, headers, full exhaust, Front mounted intercooler and too many little boltons to mention.

Last edited by blmongoose1; 12-03-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been sitting for awhile? try cleaning your MAF wires with a little contact or carb cleaner. was the battery disconnected? drive it for awhile too then re-scan it. how is the fuel? the plugs?