Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mail order tune?

Hi guys. Well i live in Jackson,TN and dont own a laptop and the nearest place for tuning is in Baton Rouge,LA. So I am considering getting MTI or TSP to do me a mail order tune for my STG 2 LS6 PP/231/237 CAM with Longtubes in my 01 Camaro SS M6 . What i was wondering is that is the mail order tune worth it? Or should i just bite the bullet and pack up my stuff and make a looong expensive trip to baton rouge? thanks guys
chet
Old 12-06-2003, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

make the trip or get edit. no way can they get your idle let alone anything else right based on what you have told them about your car.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Most tuners will tell you that you can get a fairly decent tune by mail if you provide the with all the information they need but they would rather have the car infront of them to get it just right or you won't be happy with the tune, especialy for things like driveability and A/F. If you are willing to go a couple hours further west than Baton Rouge we have a guy here in Dallas that is second to non when it comes to LS1 Edit tuning, his name is Chris Robinson and he goes by OBSSSD on LS1.com. He works with a great local shop by the name of RPM to do his dyno tuning. I know he's had guys drive to Dallas from all over the country to get his tuning done. Alot of us in this area have his tuning and they can tell you he does a great job and is very knowledgeable and very friendly. Send him a PM and ask him any questions you might have, you won't be disappointed.

Mark

Originally Posted by chety
Hi guys. Well i live in Jackson,TN and dont own a laptop and the nearest place for tuning is in Baton Rouge,LA. So I am considering getting MTI or TSP to do me a mail order tune for my STG 2 LS6 PP/231/237 CAM with Longtubes in my 01 Camaro SS M6 . What i was wondering is that is the mail order tune worth it? Or should i just bite the bullet and pack up my stuff and make a looong expensive trip to baton rouge? thanks guys
chet
Old 12-06-2003, 06:08 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dyno tune brother. With a big cam, driveability will more than likely NOT be what you want with a mail order tune, and they need the car in front of them to pull the most power out of the combo. Mail order tunes are basically best guess.....