Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Need to pull timing using LS1 edit

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!!! Need to pull timing using LS1 edit

Ok I will start by saying I know LS1 edit is old and I should look into some more tuning software. Here is the history. I brought the LS1 edit 3-4 years ago and my buddy was helping me at that time tune the car so I never learned how to use it. I end up getting the car tuned at a shop. The buddy that was helping me 3 years ago may not be available before I go to the track plus I want to learn how to do this myself anyways.

My problem is that I had a(used) timing tuner that has gone bad. I'm going to get a new one at a later date. I'm trying to spray a 200 shot Sunday at the track. I need to pull timing out of the car for the 200 shot. How is this done using LS1 edit? I'm trying to pull out about 8* of timing.

If I would have known that the timing tuner was bad I would have gone back to the shop where the car was tuned. Since the shop is closed on the weekends I have to try and do it myself if at all possible.
Any and all help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anybody?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoulder Shaker
Anybody?
If you haven't ever used LS Edit youself personally I would practice first making reads and uploads. Two professionals toasted my PCM on the bench using a Tech II while reflashing it back to stock. They had to buy me a new pcm.

LS Edit takes about 30 minutes to make a read so the battery on the car has to be fully charged. You can toast your PCM with LS Edit whereas with EFI Live and HP tuners you can in most instances recover. You do not want your battery to go dead or loose a connection with LS Edit while making an upload.

Same goes for the laptop - you don't want it to go dead either while making a read or upload.

Pull the E Brake up a touch to keep the headlights off - while making a read or upload.

If it were me I would wait for someone with some experience with LS Edit to walk and guide you through a few uploads before attempting to try it yourself.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok kool. Thanks for the response