Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 F body vs. Y body tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 F body vs. Y body tune

Ok so I did some searching but didn't find much. I have a 95 Formula that has had a tune done by previous owner. Previous owner also said he could tell a decent improvement in before & after performance wise.

I also have a 95 bone stock Corvette. Both are A4, K&N, Magnaflow, stock long block equipped. Only difference is the Fbody has LT headers. I am wondering if I can upload the tune from the Fbody to the Ybody ECM with no side effects?

Has anyone else done this or know someone who has? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

No I wouldn't flash a direct camaro file into a vette. I had it once done to my 1994 vette and it was giving me cranking/starting issues. Appearantly it had something to do with a serial communications that the CCM is looking for to start the vette. I had to get GM to reflash an original file using a Tech2 back into my Vette to restore things back to normal.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of starting issues were you having? Was the Camaro file from a 94 also?
Old 11-21-2009, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The vette would crank but no start. Sometimes it would take several attempts and then get lucky and start. My answer is not to copy a complete Camaro file into a vette.. but you can try and use only the Fuel and Timing Tables.Hope this answers your concerns.