Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to make tcc release?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 02:48 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to make tcc release?

What do I change in Edit to make the converter release with less application of the throttle. In other words, the way it is stock, when trying to accelerate as if to pass someone but not wanting to push it far enough to downshift, the converter will almost never unlock-once you reach a certain throttle position you get a downshift. I would like to make the converter release with a small change in throttle position.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I too would like to know how to do this because I think this is the exact problem I am having. Tuning experts help us!!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Will
I too would like to know how to do this because I think this is the exact problem I am having. Tuning experts help us!!
that's easy, look in your TCC table in either normal or performance (if you have/use it) and bring your release MPH numbers a bit closer to the apply numbers. just target the range you want to see better performance in. in other words, stay away from the low MPH and TPS or it will drive you nuts locking and unlocking too much.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:10 PM
11 Second Truck Club

That whole table is set at 127 stock. So you are saying that if I pick say 20% TPS and set it to 60mph that anything over 60mph at that throttle and it will unlock? Or do I have it all confused?
Old 01-07-2004, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by L-EATER
That whole table is set at 127 stock. So you are saying that if I pick say 20% TPS and set it to 60mph that anything over 60mph at that throttle and it will unlock? Or do I have it all confused?
i think you are looking at the wrong spot. what table are you looking at? send me your file would you? txiggy@comcast.net

in our truck applications, you want to look at "normal mode TCC tables MPH vs %TPS". don't mess with the performance, cruise (cruise control parameters), or your threshold. you don't want it to lock in second at all and some people don't lock in third either. your third and fourth apply and release tables should be incremental as TPS increases.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:13 AM
11 Second Truck Club

File coming your way
Old 01-08-2004, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

you are just looking in the wrong table. i'm not sure what that other table does but you need to make changes in the Normal Mode MPH vs TPS. good luck with the "60" if you are going to shoot for 11's. let us know when it goes boom.

Quick Reply: how to make tcc release?