Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Ses Is Off

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My Ses Is Off

My SES just turned off for no reason, now it really feels like something is missing. I almost feel more concerned that the light is missing than having it there LOL. Anyone else ever feel this way?
Old 01-06-2004, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShadowLightCSU
My SES just turned off for no reason, now it really feels like something is missing. I almost feel more concerned that the light is missing than having it there LOL. Anyone else ever feel this way?
Mine used to go on and off all the time. Im guessing from removing the screen on the MAF or something. Now its on all the time because i took the EGR off and have not got the code deleted yet. But just give it time, more then likely, it will turn back on...
Old 01-06-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know exaclty what you mean. My SES light had been on for quite a while due to my FUBAR'ed MAF, waiting for my SLP MAF to come in. Every once in a while it will kick off...it's kinda strange without it
Old 01-06-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea mine stayed on for about 4 months till I finally got the egr, air, & rear o2's deleted... Now it just comes on whenever the puter picks up a random missfire due to the cam.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah my frineds came on in his t/a once in a while from the maf code. if u still have the egr on there u might wanna check that out that code could come and go if its starting to clog up and if the o2s are comming in and out it could do the same. see if there are any saved codes in the system
Old 01-06-2004, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

If ya feel that strange with your SES light being off, im sure someone can fabricate a little sticker in yellow saying " Service Enging Soon" so you can stick it over where its supposed to go, so you can feel normal again!!
JK bro. know how ya feel.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
yeah my frineds came on in his t/a once in a while from the maf code. if u still have the egr on there u might wanna check that out that code could come and go if its starting to clog up and if the o2s are comming in and out it could do the same. see if there are any saved codes in the system
I am willing to bet it was the pass O2 giving a sluggish return signal again, but it's off now and that's what's important. As long as the light is off, I could care less. If my EGR is clogged, oh well. Just time to bypass it at that point!

Waterbug, no worries, I'm sure I'll see her again sometime