Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short pulse adder in HP Tuners for Ford Greentops

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Short pulse adder in HP Tuners for Ford Greentops

Using HPTuners does any one know the shorth pulse width adder for the ford 42 pound greentops is cause i have tried the data i that was provided with and it cannot be correct.idle is terrible.

Last edited by KRAZY K 2000 TA; 04-28-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Are you talking about the injector response / offset, or adjusting the injector size?

If it is the KPA vs lb/hr then you can move this curve up by a factor of 1.5 to get close (42 lb/hr divided by ~28 lb/hr stock size).

If you are talking offset vs voltage you can get the basic curve off one of the ford sites (superchips, diablo, etc...) then modify adjust it by logging voltage, O2 voltage and pulse width.

Turn on all the accessories in the car to load the system. Watch the changes in car voltage and the resulting change on the O2 sensor. If the car goes rich when the system voltage dips then you need to decrease the curve at that voltage. If the car goes lean when the voltage dips then you need to add to the curve at that voltage.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default short pulse adder table

there is a short pulse adder table i under stand the other two Flow Rate VS. KPA,Offset VS. Volts VS VAC,but i know ford uses a high slope and low slope multiplier function and gm does not so it has the short pulse adder table which i cant figure out for these injectors

Quick Reply: Short pulse adder in HP Tuners for Ford Greentops