Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Normal KR?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Normal KR?

I'm just getting about 2-3 degrees of knock retard on my 2001 Firehawk, and it's throughout most of the rpm range at wot. Unfortunately I can't tell if it is only when I get on the gas or let off since it takes only seconds to be at a dangerous speed while looking at the screen. I tried taking out 2 degrees of timing all the way across the board with no luck. I even tried running the car's stock tune, and it made no differerence either (although I didn't give the pcm the regular amount of kms driven to "re-learn" the stock tune, so that may be the problem? Maybe it's artifical knock causing the retard in my case? I wonder if pulling more timing is the solution? I am running SLPs diablosport performance tune for 91 octane (with a few ltft adjustments). The only code I'm throwing is one relating to the ecm/abs (can't remember the code number right now) which didn't set off any dash lights or anything. I cleared the code and will wait to see if it comes back. Any suggestions on the KR and pulling timing? I'm running the newer 9.xx version slp diablo. I wonder if I could simply log a few parameters and record them on a digital camera to post up so someone could tell me why it's getting so much kr?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hey there odd... as I replied to your post on the diablo forums....

for WOT, no "re-learning" is necessary...

need to see the log file... cuz like you said, it could be when you just romp the pedal, or let off, or during a shift point... all of which is normal...

and it's very hard to tell what's actually happening just by looking at the data on the predator screen... because you're only seeing that data at one particular point... the screen doesn't update as fast/quick as it's actually logging data...

in the data log file, it'll have 10-20 rows of data per second... the screen does not update THAT fast hehe

I would leave the timing adjustments alone - to whatever they're set at in the tune as-is - so put your changes back to the default values of what they were originally... and lets get some data logs to look at...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay well first I need to find a 12v power supply and a usb/serial cable in order to do that. Thanks for replying sir, in BOTH places lol I am planning on hitting you up for a Diablew tune soon, when I get some extra cash flow going that is Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the same thing, curious to the answer. I get 2-4* any time the TPS passes 60%.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Had 06montess look at a wot log (although it wasn't long enough to assess completely) and everything looks ok from what he could see. He suggested I use a laptop to see what's going on. I'm not too worried about it to be honest, car runs like a champ Maybe it's just from romping on the throttle.