Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm7 running on ls1 stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lm7 running on ls1 stock tune?

So im going to be ordereing a pcm from spareecm on ebay. They sell pcms with all the vat deletes and such for swaps. My harness is from an 01 camaro, and will be installing ls1 intake/fuel rails/injectors, so i was going to have them put a stock 01 ls1 tune on it.

How will a camaro tune run on the lm7 with the intake swap and it being otherwise stock? Hopefully this will only be for 6 months till i go turbo and get a real tune, but if it isn't i want to be safe and not spend more cash on dyno tunning.

Thanks,
Marcello
Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

How will it run is a very subjective question but I'm a nice guy I will at least give you my experience...

The engine will run, but it will also run decently with the factory truck tune. The major difference I saw between a Camaro and LM7 truck tune is spark and fuel maps. Placing the car injectors and intake on the engine messes that up if they aren't the same lbs / hr rating.

Using the SOTP dyno I would say the engine reacts better to throttle input and has a flatter powerband with the car map while the truck runs out of steam on the top end. I didn't simply overlay the VCM with the Camaro tune, I used good judgment and a fair amount of data logging, part throttle cruising, WOT runs and other testing and personal experience to move things where I wanted - most of which ended up closer to Camaro than truck.

Remember at that point mechanically, you are a cam change and a very small overbore away from an LS1.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok good to know. I don't mind getting a real tune when i have mods to gain something from it, but for now i want something i can simply start up and drive as is.

Quick Reply: Lm7 running on ls1 stock tune?