PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flashing check engine light after tune?? not cool..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flashing check engine light after tune?? not cool..?

so..i just got my pcm mail order tuned, all seems good.. I got my pcm back in the mail today, hooked every thing up, it idled low, and boged for a few minutes like the instructions explaned. no big deal, after a few minutes all was good, so i took it for a ride. I just installed new aam 4.10's, and i had about 200 miles left on the brake in miles before i could drop the hammer. I had nothing to do today so i drove the 200 miles left over to get it over with..
This evening i was heading back home after my drive ,and ran into a white
svt lightning on the hwy. I figured the gears would be fine so i get up next to him and give it a rev, we slow down to let traffic go on a bit.
then we hit it. we raced 3 times total. he won by half a car every run... He said he had a cai, pulley, and i think a tune...
Every race at 5,900-6,100 rpms my engine would cut out or fall off, then come back for a few seconds, then hit rev limit. on the last run after rev limit in 4th the check engine light started flashing!! for almost a full minute i think, and the car went into limp mode.
So i nursed it off an exit ramp, and let it sit and idle for a while.
This was the first time wot since receiving the tune. the light went off after a minute, and all seemed fine. i know when the light accually flashes, its saying something is very wrong... so any insight would be great..
on the way home after all of this i decided to drop the hammer again just to see if all was good, and it still seemed to hit that 6k dead spot again..
No lights came on. so i figured id take it easy and cruise. it did seem to run better, or have more response after the last wot. I am new to tuning, and what to exspect and notice. so i figured since it was the first few times wot, the engine was setting its values, etc... so can anyone tell or elaborate on this for me....
Old 07-02-2010, 05:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A flashing CEL means the computer saw a misfire. Probably has a P0300 in history.
So you have anyone local with a scanner to log data? A local tuner?

Quick Reply: flashing check engine light after tune?? not cool..?