Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tps problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tps problem

i have been having issues with my throtle position sensor. the car is setting a p0122 code so i replaced the sensor, 3 times, and still the code exists. yesterday i went to the local parts store to reset the code. first of all, when i read the code on the scanner, its on there twice. how can that be? anyhow, i erased the 2 codes and figured i was good to go. NOT! as soon as i started the car, it was back on there. it was like i couldnt even erase it. so i hooked the scanner up and tried it again. this time i read the codes, and erased the codes. so before i disconnect the scanner i check for codes again. THERE BACK ON THERE ! wtf! im baffled. any1 have a clue whats going on?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Use a multimeter to check that one of the wires going to the tps has 5V. Just unplug the connector, turn the key on (don't start), and check the contacts. Also check that one of them is ground.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

any1 else have any ideas?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

well guys, i checked for voltage at the connector and i had 5v. so i went to the parts store to get another sensor. i had been getting aftermarket sensors because oem wasnt in stock. anyways, i finally found a gm tps sensor. installed the sensor and holly cow! tps problem solved! i will never buy freekin aftermarket again!