Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to buy HPtuners

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to buy HPtuners

Hey guys im very interested in buying hptuners and was wondering if there is anything i should look further into before buying.. I'am looking at the basic tuning package VCM suite 2.22 or 2.2.
I would be just tuning for a hobby not proffesionally for a shop or anything which one would best fit my needs? Is the pro series worth the money for me to spend?

Does the kit come with everything i need or will there be extra cables or ect., that i would have to purchase seperate?

As far as the computer i should use i read that it will work with anything from xp to vista and newer but i have heard win7 has had a few issues.. Is there a paticular one that it works best with? I will have a designated lab top just for tuning i was asking so i would know what to get.

Im looking to buy soon so if i could get some help that would be awesome.

Thanks
Ray
Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run Win7 on two laptops with it and have no issues.

Get the Pro so that you can accurately log wideband. You can use the Std and try and log wideband through an AC or EGR input in the PCM but it adds wideband latency and offsets that can be very difficult to work with. Also, because of the custom PID needed to log AFR through the PCM rather than directly, you won't really be able to post and share logs with AFR if you have issues and are trying to get help on their forum or this one. The Pro version adds stand alone logging so that you don't always have to have the laptop to log.

I have units in stock and ready to ship; here is a link if I can help you out: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/products2b.htm

If you have any other questions, feel free to post.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:28 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I also run Windows 7 and I have had no problems.

It will come with everything you need, you won't need any other cables or anything to get started with basic tuning. You should at some point consider the tuning school book though, it's not cheap but it really does teach you alot more about what you are doing and why. It even walks you through the steps you need to take with different tables for a proper tune. Check it out here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-produ...l#post13642228

If you decide to do both, hit us up and we will make you a discounted package deal with the purchase of both at one time.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell HP Tuners as a package deal with our 207-page tuning book, Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI. The package costs $679.99, and the book includes case studies that show you how the tuning process is applied using real-world case studies. Thousands of these books have already sold and we've had great feedback from tuners all over the world. The book has sold extremely well in the USA, Canada, Australia, England, Germany, Holland, and the Middle East among others. Visit http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...ter-EFI/Detail for more info or to order. 'Nuff said?

Last edited by dan@masportspeedshop; 07-26-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling