Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems after dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problems after dyno tune

I recently got a dyno tune after my cam swap and since the tune the car runs worse than after the intial install. The ses light came back on three days after the tune, and my brakes some times tighten up under extreme low rpm's(not sure if this has to do with fluctuating rpm's but only started after tune). Needless to say the guy that tuned my car was a complete idiot and knew nothing about lsx cars, the car still stalls at every light just like before the tune and runs like crap. Does any one think this might have something to do with the poor tune or could it possibly be something else going wrong throwing the ses light.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by D01ss
I recently got a dyno tune after my cam swap and since the tune the car runs worse than after the intial install. The ses light came back on three days after the tune, and my brakes some times tighten up under extreme low rpm's(not sure if this has to do with fluctuating rpm's but only started after tune). Needless to say the guy that tuned my car was a complete idiot and knew nothing about lsx cars, the car still stalls at every light just like before the tune and runs like crap. Does any one think this might have something to do with the poor tune or could it possibly be something else going wrong throwing the ses light.
What code does it set when the light comes on?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is hard to know without checking to see the exact codes it is throwing.

But to make it idle better, try manually opening the throttle blade a little more with the set screw that is on the passenger side. "if it is a stock throttlebody"
Old 07-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wait4me
It is hard to know without checking to see the exact codes it is throwing.

But to make it idle better, try manually opening the throttle blade a little more with the set screw that is on the passenger side. "if it is a stock throttlebody"
Im going to get it scanned today for codes, and iv already adjusted the screw on the throttle body and drilled the throttle body.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Whoever tuned it should have adjusted the throttle body. That is part of tuning it. Drilling holes is not needed unless it is a really big race-only camshaft. Hope they don't need un-drilled after you get it straightned out.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Whoever tuned it should have adjusted the throttle body. That is part of tuning it. Drilling holes is not needed unless it is a really big race-only camshaft. Hope they don't need un-drilled after you get it straightned out.
The guy tuning it was a complete idiot, he didnt really adjust anything. All he did was literally just throw it on the dyno and adjust the timing and then told me he couldnt figure out why it wouldnt idle right, so he went ahead and set it my idle at 1100 rpm and told me it should help the problem.He also didnt tune past 4500 rpm cause he said my spark plugs were causing engine knock. But he also told me that the cam I purchased was tiny compared to others which is very incorrect. This was just an expensive lesson to learn and i still have to get it fixed.

Quick Reply: problems after dyno tune