PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW tps shows 100% at only 60% pedal travel (very sensitive pedal)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DBW tps shows 100% at only 60% pedal travel (very sensitive pedal)

Hey guys trying to figure out what to do. Im dealing with a car that has a swaped 5.3/4l60e that has had every issue under the sun. Really weird crap but I am tackling all the little issue one by one.

One of the bigger issues now to take care of is a horribly sensitive pedal. We're talking you give it even so much as slight pressure on the pedal and it jumps right up. Scanning it with the car off showed the issue.

What Im seeing is a clean sweep of the pedal TPS but it ramps up WAY faster then it should and hits 100% at just over half throttle and stay at 100% for the rest of the travel. No codes and no issues with the throttle it just is ultra sensitive due to thinking its being applied twice as much as it actually is.

The TAC, PCM and Pedal all match so Im a bit confused why this would happen. If anyone knows what would cause this Im all ears as Ive never seen this before. BTW I have tried thre PCMs and two TAC modules, only thing left is the pedal. Oh and ohmed the wiring and checked the individual resistance reading out of the pedal.

Hope some one has seen this before, its racking my brain.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is normal most of the time. I have logged this many times.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Ok if its normal to see this then do you have any suggestions as to what would cause the ultra sensitive pedal?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Torque management has been messed with and put back to stock and everywhere in between trying to handle this and nothing has improved. I seriously cant think of a reason why youd touch the pedal and it just jumps up like your stabbing the pedal. This is a stock motor and no power adders so I cant think of a reason why itd jump so hard just touching it. Even at speed you can see the throttle opening up even from slight throttle movements. I can understand if this was severly messed with but a stock calibration this drivabilty issue shouldnt happen.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matty b
Ok if its normal to see this then do you have any suggestions as to what would cause the ultra sensitive pedal?
Typicaly GM has about 140 ETC parameters, How many do you have in the softwaer you are using? 5?

Why do you think it is so sensitive? Is this while driving?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

havent counted but between Hptuners and my Tech2 I would assume I can log just about any pertinent PID I'd need to.

As far as the issue as I said in the first post, if you even put pressure on the pedal it opens right up. To describe how its like would be if you were to stab the gas anytime the pedal was touched. There is no resolution in the pedal so at any speed, cruising or off idle the throttle either comes up like you are stabbing the gas or just flooring it. There is no low end of the pedal like most any car youd drive.

First time I drove it I felt like I was learning to drive a manual. You tap the gas and it will buck forward so you let off and try to be a little gentler and it still does it and it was bucking forward, glas nobody saw me they woulda thought I need to get another driving test.

SOO, is there anything in particular that would be causing this? Its affecting the drivabilty of the whole car. It will down shift just by giving some gas to stay up to speed and in traffic you have to be careful you dont take off with someone too close in front of you else you could end up accelerating into the back of their car. I can check just about anything pertaining to the ETC that I can think of and messing with that stuff has proven fruitless uptil now.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matty b
havent counted but between Hptuners and my Tech2 I would assume I can log just about any pertinent PID I'd need to.

As far as the issue as I said in the first post, if you even put pressure on the pedal it opens right up. To describe how its like would be if you were to stab the gas anytime the pedal was touched. There is no resolution in the pedal so at any speed, cruising or off idle the throttle either comes up like you are stabbing the gas or just flooring it. There is no low end of the pedal like most any car youd drive.

First time I drove it I felt like I was learning to drive a manual. You tap the gas and it will buck forward so you let off and try to be a little gentler and it still does it and it was bucking forward, glas nobody saw me they woulda thought I need to get another driving test.

SOO, is there anything in particular that would be causing this? Its affecting the drivabilty of the whole car. It will down shift just by giving some gas to stay up to speed and in traffic you have to be careful you dont take off with someone too close in front of you else you could end up accelerating into the back of their car. I can check just about anything pertaining to the ETC that I can think of and messing with that stuff has proven fruitless uptil now.
I have seen stock calibrations open the Throttle 100% when the APP is at 25%. This cause the Traction Control to kick in. This was on SRX's and it has been discussed on the service forum

I need your email. PM me and I will share

Quick Reply: DBW tps shows 100% at only 60% pedal travel (very sensitive pedal)