Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed, starts but wont run

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help needed, starts but wont run

Ok, so I have built a turbo transam, DIY truck manifold kit, tc78, proflo intake, nice 317 heads, full fuel system. The day I finished it, my friend and I started it up, car fired right over, idled smoothly, for the cam thats in it, had good throttle response, everything great. Had a small fuel leak, shut the car off, repaired the problem, started it again, ran REALLY rough, but didnt die, rev'd it a little, and still when it came down didnt die. Shut if off again(another fuel leak). NOW all it does is start, and shut off, maybe 3-5 seconds run time....WTF!!!!!!!!!! If I try to give the car throttle while starting it, it kills it quicker, doesnt loose fuel pressure, shows 9-11 in. of vacuum when it fires, dies off when the car dies... Going crazy, has fuel, has spark, has a tune for the fuel system and turbo in it....I DONT GET IT, what the hell happened??? Im really gettin fed up...dont know what to do anymore guys... any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dennis
Old 09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Teching In

are youy sure have plenty of fuel pressure have you tried starting it on ether or brake clean and seeing if you can keep ikt runni ng that way. Remember that pressure doesn't equal volume too a restriction may show pressure but not supply enough volume to sustain the engine
Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Key on, engine off>>What's the MAP reading?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-wont-run.html

heres more info....
Old 09-25-2010, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

I do not have access to a scanner to read the map....sorry, however the map does seem like its reading, we tried unplugging it, and it just fires and doesnt even try to catch itself...plug it back in, it tries, but cant succeed....Im goin with a vacuum leak, gonna pull the intake off again....
Old 09-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 020NN20
I do not have access to a scanner to read the map....sorry, however the map does seem like its reading, we tried unplugging it, and it just fires and doesnt even try to catch itself...plug it back in, it tries, but cant succeed....Im goin with a vacuum leak, gonna pull the intake off again....
dont waste your time with the intake. you need to find a scan tool or something to look at your data. It will tell you alot. you can throw parts at it all day but it may end up being a wiring issue or something like that. not a component
Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 AM
9 Second Club

Getting a scan tool today, resealed the intake last night, helped a little bit, but still cant catch itself, hopefully today will help