Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Idling Issues

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this but.... My car is idling exceptionally high. Its hard to start, meaning it cranks for several seconds before firing, but once started it idles at 1200rpm+, and then when I place it in gear(a4) the idle jumps up a couple hundred more rpms. This problem makes braking a real adventure and its causing the car to heat up. I've done a search and tried a few of the suggested remedies to no avail. I dont have a scanner to communicate with the pcm. When I first rebuilt the engine 2 years ago I installed a z06 cam without tuning, but I dont think that has anything to do with the idle being high or am I wrong. Any help is def appreciated.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Those can sometimes cause idle issues you like describe.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28
Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Those can sometimes cause idle issues you like describe.
I agree with Mystic that it sounds like a vacuum leak and i would start by checking the rubber elbow on the passenger side of the intake behind the throttle body.