PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap efi live tune to hp tuners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swap efi live tune to hp tuners.

As the title states I have a ECM tuned with efi live but all the local tuners I know of use hp tuners. I have the efi live files for a couple of different setups. Was wondering if anyone had both software and I could pay them to convert the tunes over to a hp tuners tune?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just the read the file out of your PCM with HPTuner's.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like he said. Have your tuner read it with his HPT and he can make all the changes he wants then reflash it. You can later read it with your EFIL and make other changes if you wanted as long as neither of you lock the tune or do some sort of COS.

I have been reading and writing my brothers 2010 Camaro with both EFIL and HPT with no problems.

Frost, I will be using the E-85 tables with a switch that EFIL offers. Is that considered a COS? Because I want to be able to have it read by the tuner and he uses HPT.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SRTKLLR
Like he said. Have your tuner read it with his HPT and he can make all the changes he wants then reflash it. You can later read it with your EFIL and make other changes if you wanted as long as neither of you lock the tune or do some sort of COS.

I have been reading and writing my brothers 2010 Camaro with both EFIL and HPT with no problems.

Frost, I will be using the E-85 tables with a switch that EFIL offers. Is that considered a COS? Because I want to be able to have it read by the tuner and he uses HPT.
if the your e85 setup runs on a EFIlive OS then the Hp tuners wont read it... if its a factory OS then there will not be a problem
Old 12-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Launching!

There must be some sort of efilive os because hpt will not read it. I forget the exact error message we got but he told me it was the same one he gets when he has the scanner tool running and tries to read it. I really hope we don't have to start from scratch.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

The scanner will scan a locked / custom OS'd PCM... make sure the OBD port's fuse is good. If it's an f-body, it;s the same fuse for the cig lighter.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Yea we were able to scan and see rpm and what not but could see fuel trims or anything. It was weird it's a truck