PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having trouble wiring in an LED for my SLP line lock, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Having trouble wiring in an LED for my SLP line lock, need help!

Well...the LED for my lockup worked out great, but Im having trouble with the line lock lighting it up. I have both LEDs grounded together in 1 location. Ive got power when the key is turned, but it doesnt complete the circuit until I flip the switch and then it comes on. However, I wired it up the same way on the line lock with the power on the line lock to the power wire off the LED. But no workie! Oh yeah, I have resistors on both LEDs so that they dont burn up, too much power. Am I doing it wrong? Is it possible to have one on the line lock? Please let me know if you can help, thanks.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

the slp linelock may switch the ground, not the +12 volts. (im fairly sure that is the way it is wired)

if that is the case, then you need to supply +12 to the LED's and then use the output of the slp switch to provide the ground.

Then you will just connect the + to the 12 volt source of your choice, and the - to the switch.

Ryan

Ryan
Old 02-08-2004, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club NA

I dont quite follow. I wasnt very specific either. Ok...theres 2 terminals on the switch, which I swapped out. I didnt like that particular switch, so I used a different one. Theres only 2 terminals on it as well. 1 of the wires off one of the terminals goes all the way around my engine bay to one of the spades on the solenoid. The other wire off the solenoid is the power. That wire goes to a fuse, then from there it goes to a power supply, its the red cap on the drivers side that has a + symbol on it, theres a wire and bolt under there, its bolted on there. Ok now about the LED, I spliced into the ground wire coming off the switch. Then the little wire coming off the other side of the LED I made another ground for. I flip the switch and the line lock activates, but the light doesnt come on. What am I doing wrong and how can I wire it up so that I can have the LED on when the line lock is activate, but not mess anything up. Thanks, I hope that made sense, I bad about explaining stuff.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club NA

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc.?

Last edited by NVMySS; 02-09-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

as i said in the other electronics forum, you need to find a +12 source for the led. the slp switch provides the ground needed for the line lock, as it gets the power, from the + terminal on the drivers side.

if you having trouble doing it off of the switch, go to the linlock,and put the led across the terminals, reverse directions, until it lights up. Whatever side was on the switched side, connect that to the switch inside the car, the other side, connect the any +12 source, (constant) the orange ciggarette lighter wire work good.

Ryan