PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is all this normal before tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is all this normal before tuning?

Hi guys I just put stg2 ls6 style patriot heads on my car with the tsp231/237 cam and longtubes. It will seem like its missing some of the times is that cause of the misfire code the computer is setting? i know the surging is normal but sorta worried about the occational miss. I am fixing to start tuning as soon as i finish the exhaust tommorow thanks guys. chet
Old 02-08-2004, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Just corrected mis fire problems today with same cam, I set misfires @ 120 mim and max 140 and the low idle table mulitity 97 percent, and low by cyl table mulitity by 97 which stoped my problem ( were set ses lite and st3500 stall would not lockup ) now idleing at 650-700 rpm, sounds like a big freight train at idle
you may like to read how-to GET A HEAD/CAM CAR TO IDLE
http://www.ls1tuning.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=9

good luck Johnny
Old 02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Well today I found the miss but when i went to start the car it wont start it will turn over and act like its firing every now and then but wont start any ideas? I have check plugs/vacum leaks/ground wires and everything. I am gonna check my o2 extensions and make sure they didnt contact the headers and get burnt but i would think the car would start. im stumped