Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed in troubleshooting problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help needed in troubleshooting problem

So I finally rebuilt the tranny and engine. everything hooked up and the engine starts the very first time. after i take it for a spin using autotap i get the codes p1810 and p0748. these are transmission switch and pressure control circuit in the tranny. the troubleshooting leads me to believe the trans. range switch is not working correctly( I didnt replace this part). Upon further logging I see that the reason p1810 is flagged is when i am driving the car the pcm sees it in park/neutral. 1st reads first, 2nd reads 2nd, 3rd reads 2nd , drive reads park, reverse jumps in and out of park and reverse, neutral and park , read correct. also in the tranny the transmission input and output speeds dont register. on the throttle the idle air counts are not reading. So the question is does everyone think the tranny is the problem or is it the pcm starting to go flakey. I have checked the wire harness for all these signals and the continuity is good. the grounds on all the pcm pins are solid. Also one more item to note is with autotap i can not read the freeze frame data for the codes. it looses communication everytime i try to read them. it checks the dtc's just fine though.
so what do you all think? sorry for the long read. and thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by 98goldta2; 01-10-2011 at 08:42 PM.