Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple pretune questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple pretune questions

OK so I'm looking to send my pcm out in two weeks or get a tune locally. Car has usual boltons plus a trickflow 238/242 .595 lift 110lsa cam.here are some ?s
1. Will a tune fix a off idel to 1500 rpm hesitation I have? Stft are within acceptable limits.
2.if I have the tuner set my speedo for 4.11 gears eventhough I have 3.42 will this cause any problems as far as a CEL? I'm doing gears soon but not yet and have to pass emissions.
3.and what are some comon codes I should have set to no error reported?

Any input would be much appreciated.and as far as question #1is that pretty normal for a untuned ls1?
thanks joe
Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
11 Second Club

dat's A big stick to mail order, I think most mail order will have a problem getting a steady idle with out several tries, I do not know about the CEL. As to the gear setting I beleave the trans will not shift correct. not sure about the codes. I think most of my LOCAL tuners will re tune for a gear change.
As to # 1= normal
Johnny
Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Tuner should be able to get idle to cruise transitions somewhat normal.
If it is an auto the gears being changed will throw off the shift points - will shift earlier than expected, shouldn't hurt anything.
Speedo will be off for the emissions testing. I have never been tested so I don't know if they read the speedo/computer or from their machine. (If it is a rolling test) Gears shouldn't set any codes that would affect testing.
Only codes that need changing are modifications you have changed on the car.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Hi, i concur with above. I would spin it up and let the tuner tweak it!!!
This will save duplication of $$$$$$$$$$.they can take care of idle issues.however, you must check to see if you have other mechanical issues ie:
Vacuum leak/sticking throttle body/etc. I wish you the best WITH your project.have a blessed day.......jim
ps: $250-$500 for a tune..........check with others to make sure you get the right man/woman for the job. I would not lock the computer and get yourself a print out of the tune.FROST DOES A GOOD MAIL ORDER IF YOU DECIDE TO GO THAT DIRECTION....
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the replys. Car is a m6 so no worries about the shift points. I know mail order is tough with a cam this size. Car currently drives pretty good minus the off idel hesitation. But may have figured that one out today. Seems to be throwing a p0134 bank 1 sensor 1 no activity which I don't get. Watched both front o2s on my scan tool and both are switching fine and at the same rate but still gonna replace it to be safe. Talked to a local tuner he wants $425 for a road tune which is kind of steep.all the other places want 600 plus. Gonna email trifectaperformance tonight since there local. Also watched my fuel trims today not too out of whack so I think I'm mostly ready for my
tune. I also emailed frost and depending on what trifecta says it will be either or
Thanks joe