Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

logging with hpt standard

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default logging with hpt standard

so im debating to get the pro or standard package from hptuners. i know that you can hook up a wideband to the standard also.i had spoke with a vendor about this. was mentioned that the afr logging would be a bit hard to tune with due to the response time in signals.

my question is if you have a lc1 and log off of that would you have the same problems with the signal response time? vs hooking the lc1 to hptuner and having to wait for the signal to jump from one signal to another then finally to the computer.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really depends what you want to do with it. If you want to be able to stick a wideband in any car and tune/log then go with the pro. If you want the real time tuning to work you need pro. I wish I had gotten the pro and its much cheaper to do it right off the hop then to upgrade later.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pro. the importance of the scanner is totally under rated and having a fast response is imparative. i was on the fence also and man am i glad i got the pro. you need the wideband in the scanner so you can set up % error properly. this makes tuning way more efficient.