Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo Z06 Tune help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Twin Turbo Z06 Tune help

Hey guys,

Just put my TT Z06 together and Im working on the tune with my HP Tuner. Have a few questions.

1. What air/fuel ratios recommendations do you have? Im currently running 11.5 in boost and 12.0 in WOT when not in boost.

2. Does anyone have any spark maps that I can look at? Im having a little trouble figuring out what spark to run. I started by pulling 7 degrees of spark before tuning to ensure no auto ignition. After I got fuel right, I started bringing spark back into in while closely watching knock retard.

3. Does anyone know of any problems with using purely speed density tune a leaving the MAF failed? That is how I have it running now and it seems to be working well.

Thanks for all help,
Josh
Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like your on the right track. I would run 12.5@WOT (not under boost). Don't go to crazy with the timing and don't let it knock. Fine tune your timing on a dyno or at the track.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jatolbert
Hey guys,

Just put my TT Z06 together and Im working on the tune with my HP Tuner. Have a few questions.

1. What air/fuel ratios recommendations do you have? Im currently running 11.5 in boost and 12.0 in WOT when not in boost.

2. Does anyone have any spark maps that I can look at? Im having a little trouble figuring out what spark to run. I started by pulling 7 degrees of spark before tuning to ensure no auto ignition. After I got fuel right, I started bringing spark back into in while closely watching knock retard.

3. Does anyone know of any problems with using purely speed density tune a leaving the MAF failed? That is how I have it running now and it seems to be working well.

Thanks for all help,
Josh
motor and turbo system/boost details...??