Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is LS1 edit to use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How hard is LS1 edit to use?

I am gonna be getting AFR heads (if thay ever come out) cam and all the blot on's I can find and am gonna need some tuning and from what I was told on the northwest forums LS1 edit is the best but very hard to use and they also said there is some people on the forum that could help and know W.T.F. they are talking about. I was wondering just how hard is hard I am a mechanic but dont work on small stuff all that ofter.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was scared when I got edit. All the tables and **** just looked like chinese. In about 1 week I was able to get a pretty firm grasp on "most" of the tables. There are several tables that are available that you don't even mess with. Check out www.ls1tuning.com There is some very good information there. I found out that no matter how much I read, it didn't make any sense until I was actually able to look at edit and understand wtf was going on.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

You will also need scanning software like EFILive or autotap. A number of things in LS1 Edit are easy to change and understand. The hard part is with the Ltrims, timming,etc. LS1Edit does have a learning curve with it. I have had mine for a couple of months and am learning every day. Just take it slow and easy and you will be fine. There is a lot of help on this site and others.
Good Luck.

BowlingSS