Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0+Tourqer V2 cam= Idle searching/stalling

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6.0+Tourqer V2 cam= Idle searching/stalling

Hey guys, i just upgraded from my wore out 5.3 i swapped in my 98 blazer to a 6.0l and installed a tourqer v2 cam. I had a buddy send me his tune with the same setup but he had bigger injectors and a stall. so i just used his idle tables , timing ,and engine size..no ve or fueling becuase his injector size difference .
So now to my problem. I start it up it will idle for a sec and die or start idle searching/surging and die unless i just give it 2% throttle. at 2% it idles beautiful
Im new to the cam tuning and would appreciate info on causes and correction. Im using hptuner pro and just got this thing going last night.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like it needs more airflow - did you adjust your base running airflow tables at all? Did you adjust the throttle body at all (i.e. do you have a set screw you can adjust the point where the throttle blade sits at rest)? Do a search on HPT or here for "RAFIG"....

Also - the stock VE will be dumping too much fuel in under 1600 rpms. So, you'll need to adjust the VE to get it to idle smoothly.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 06-14-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt adjust the throttle body because i always heard its a bad way to fix the problem and should adjust the tune.. but yeah thats what i was thinking of doing but didnt want to cause any other issues with the throttle being slightly opened.

im about to check on the base airflow tables , i believe i had copied all those off my buddies tune
Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok i just looked at the airflow tables and i didnt adjust them because i didnt know what on there would be linked to the bigger injectors my buddy has.
It shows the Maf cal being slightly different as well as the VE tables should i match them?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt170chevelle
ok i just looked at the airflow tables and i didnt adjust them because i didnt know what on there would be linked to the bigger injectors my buddy has.
It shows the Maf cal being slightly different as well as the VE tables should i match them?
If he entered in the correct injector data when he did his tune, the MAF and VE should be correct (or close to it) for you as well. The scaling would have been done in the IFR table. You can try copying over the tables (MAF/VE/RAF) and testing them as a base. But, every car can be different. So, I'd highly advise the use of a WBO2 to ensure you're not dangerously lean/rich on AFR's.

Quick Reply: 6.0+Tourqer V2 cam= Idle searching/stalling