PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want the car to shift faster...(edit question)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want the car to shift faster...(edit question)

So I have a stock A4 tranny w/3500 stall and ls1edit. Already deleted torque management, but what else can I do to make the shifts quicker/firmer at WOT? Part throttle is fine and I could care less about how fast it shifts at part throttle. But what can I do (without killing the stock tranny) to help my WOT shifts?

thanks
Old 02-27-2004, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

put in a shift kit. really. you can reduce your desired shift time, just don't zero it out. try .200 or so. you can also increase your line pressure in the positive pressure vs temp table. the lower the number, the higher the pressure. just don't modify the really low temperature part ie:under 20C. pick a point that you want to increase shift firmness relating to TPS and scale the entire table above that point by say 20-30% by multiplying the table by 80-70% respectively.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JustAnotherSS
So I have a stock A4 tranny w/3500 stall and ls1edit. Already deleted torque management, but what else can I do to make the shifts quicker/firmer at WOT? Part throttle is fine and I could care less about how fast it shifts at part throttle. But what can I do (without killing the stock tranny) to help my WOT shifts?

thanks
Transgo make a nice kit to firm the shifting and you can install it with the trans on the car.
Or, you can get a programer like Hypertech Programer III to cause the computer to add pressure to trans and increase the firmness.
If it is under warranty I would go with the HPIII programer since it will not affect the warranty. However, the Transgo is a better mod for the $$$. just do Not do them both, at least not without a trans cooler and even then you shouldn't do it.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Or, you can get a programer like Hypertech Programer III to cause the computer to add pressure to trans and increase the firmness.
If it is under warranty I would go with the HPIII programer since it will not affect the warranty.
um, he has EDIT.