Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ngk/afx

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ngk/afx

Hey guys i have a NGK/AFX wideband that im trying to wire up to my new LS3.
question is where should i grab power?
i have been told use the rear O2 for power and ground seeing that i no longer run the rears, and hook into the EGR plug for a signal back to the PCM.

my prolem with this is that as far as i know the rear O2's only support about 5 Volts,is this enought to power the unit?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got power for the unit from the spare port in the fuse panel. Its convenient and only runs with the key on.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
I got power for the unit from the spare port in the fuse panel. Its convenient and only runs with the key on.
under the hood fuse panel, or in dash panel?
any pics?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

?????????????????
Old 07-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000dreambird
?????????????????
On the side of the dash, driver side... you should see it once you open the DS door.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bene
On the side of the dash, driver side... you should see it once you open the DS door.
cool, so there is just a open spot to use that will be fused, sorry if this sound newbi but i havent had time to check it out for myself i been working alot
Old 08-23-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000dreambird
Hey guys i have a NGK/AFX wideband that im trying to wire up to my new LS3.
question is where should i grab power?
i have been told use the rear O2 for power and ground seeing that i no longer run the rears, and hook into the EGR plug for a signal back to the PCM.

my prolem with this is that as far as i know the rear O2's only support about 5 Volts,is this enought to power the unit?
O2 sensor heater circuits in the F-Body are 12 volt switched ignition...front and rear...that's why I told you to use them...thats how my NGK AFX always was in my 2000 F-Body that you saw many times
Old 08-24-2011, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
O2 sensor heater circuits in the F-Body are 12 volt switched ignition...front and rear...that's why I told you to use them...thats how my NGK AFX always was in my 2000 F-Body that you saw many times
Sweet,,,, that answered my question..now seeing that you have done it before how do you feel about wiring up mine
Old 08-24-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

I used the fuse panel spot as well. See red wire with slip-on connector in pic below. Super easy that way. Just have to find a ground after connecting power.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have mine to the fuse panel also.

but i have an idea here im going to run by you guys.

wiring into a rear o2 has been discussed...so im going off that. what if you took a rear pigtail with the connector and wired it into that...ALSO...with this tho...you can use it to tune other peoples cars...pull their rear 02...plug yours in...thread in your wb sensor, and you can tune.

probably not relivant to people who run the widebands in their car only (like me) but for people who tune other people's rides (shops...good friends..)
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zacht

wiring into a rear o2 has been discussed...so im going off that. what if you took a rear pigtail with the connector and wired it into that...ALSO...with this tho...you can use it to tune other peoples cars...pull their rear 02...plug yours in...thread in your wb sensor, and you can tune.

probably not relivant to people who run the widebands in their car only (like me) but for people who tune other people's rides (shops...good friends..)
I did that with an LC1. Made for a cleaner connection and worked just fine.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm powering a dual channel Haltech wideband off the heater circuit of the factory o2's. They are also fused under the hood on a fbody, C5 and C6. I even kept things neat and chopped a plug off a burnt up o2 sensor and soldered the power and ground wires to the wideband to the plug so it's a plug and play deal!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zacht

Sorta...you really can't use the narrowband O2 data input, but you can use the connector for switched power, so that would work if you were say using your HPTuners EIO for data input. That'd work very well for you...but some other GM cars use different O2 sensor plugs.