Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e67 ecu gmpp controller kit tach hook up

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e67 ecu gmpp controller kit tach hook up

Hi guys I have a ls3 in my 93 rx7 with a gmpp ls3 controller kit and I am trying to hook up my tach, I am pretty sure the white wire in the bulk head is the tach but it is not working. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the bulk head in this kit?

my cars tach is wired to the white wire in the bulk head and I have ignition with a 10k resistor tapped into it.

Thanks,

-Chance
Old 06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Teching In

I don't know if it makes any difference, but the instructions that came with my controller kit say that a pull-up circuit with a resistor MIGHT be necessary, but in that case, they specify 5000 ohm rather than 10000. I did not need the pull up circuit at all (Autometer tach). I just connected the white wire to the tach and it worked. I did have to configure the tach for 4 cylinder to make it read correctly.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by daniel76309
I don't know if it makes any difference, but the instructions that came with my controller kit say that a pull-up circuit with a resistor MIGHT be necessary, but in that case, they specify 5000 ohm rather than 10000. I did not need the pull up circuit at all (Autometer tach). I just connected the white wire to the tach and it worked. I did have to configure the tach for 4 cylinder to make it read correctly.
Thanks I will try that, my wife accidently threw my directions away. What color wire did you use in the bulk head for the tach?

-Chance
Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Teching In

IIRC it was a white wire. I would imagine you find new instructions online somewhere--probably worth trying.

Quick Reply: e67 ecu gmpp controller kit tach hook up