PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any downside using HPTuners Standard w/EGR for WideBand input vs. using HPTuners Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any downside using HPTuners Standard w/EGR for WideBand input vs. using HPTuners Pro?

I am about to buy HPTuners and would rather not have the spend 650 for it when I could get it for 500. I know that the pro has aux inputs and has the black box for data logging, but for me I will have a laptop in the car for data logging and it sounds like I can just wire the wideband into the PCM through the EGR wiring. My question is if there is any reduced functionality doing it this way? Are there any graphing options or functions that will not work properly with the Standard version with a wideband through the EGR?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2011, 02:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good question...interested in the answer as well.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the standard initially and it does work okay logged through the stock pcm but you lose some speed/accuracy. I ended up buying a pro unit after a year so that I can hook up to other people cars a lot quicker. The pro will also allow you to input fuel pressure and boost with the proper sending units.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:21 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Portability between vehicles was biggest issue I saw. Use a FAST wideband unit now.

Good install writeup.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15247

Quick Reply: Any downside using HPTuners Standard w/EGR for WideBand input vs. using HPTuners Pro?