PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Bad PCM???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bad PCM???

I have a 1998 Formula that I'm thinking might have a bad PCM. The previous owner was replacing the radio and when disconnecting the battery shorted it by dropping a ratchet on the posts. This caused a no start concern which I traced down to a bad relay but now the car has a few more concerns and all fuses and relays are good. It does run but won't go into gear. The fuel gauge is stuck way over full, odo/trip don't light up, cooling fans inop, tranny wont go into any gear(doesn't even try to move). The car is mostly stock, Has free mods, lid, exhaust and it's a built stage 3 tranny with 3200 stall. Any help would be awesome, I really don't want to spend the money on a PCM if it isn't the issue. Until the battery was shorted the car ran and drove fine so I doubt its a mechanical problem but I know the PCM only controls a few trans components.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i think your pcm is gone because all of the components you described that are not working get there information from the pcm so i say replace it.

Last edited by 1964VETTESSLSX; 07-07-2011 at 01:58 PM.