PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will car run when going from 28 to 36lb injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question How will car run when going from 28 to 36lb injectors?

I had a heads and cam LS1 and now I have a 6.0 with L92 heads and bigger TSP cam.

Car runs with the old tune from the H/C setup and 28lb injectors installed. There is a wait to get a dyno tune right now.....

Should I install the 36lb injectors? They seem like they are the same style.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fueling will be WAY off and it'll inject too much fuel, then, dependent upon your tune (MAF-tune, or SOL SD-tune) the NBO2s will try to compensate and the fuel trims, thus AFRs, will be up the creek. In an OL SD-tune, it will simply be rich.

Best to install at the place of tune, to get the proper injector table numbers applied - only takes half an hour - at most, to swap injectors.

cheers
Old 09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO NOT install injectors unless you want to wash down the cylinders with fuel and risk foulin' out your 02's. The 1st step in tuning a car is to verify fuel setting in the tune are correct... i.e. stock values vs. upgraded injector values...since you can't do that with tuning software and knowledge of these values I recommend you wait.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2TR
DO NOT install injectors unless you want to wash down the cylinders with fuel and risk foulin' out your 02's. The 1st step in tuning a car is to verify fuel setting in the tune are correct... i.e. stock values vs. upgraded injector values...since you can't do that with tuning software and knowledge of these values I recommend you wait.

Quick Reply: How will car run when going from 28 to 36lb injectors?