PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC 410/412 Check engine light - can't pass State Inspection - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC 410/412 Check engine light - can't pass State Inspection - HELP!

I have the check engine light on and ran codes. I have 410 and 412. The secondary air injection system. I jumped the pump and it runs, however it doesn't run in normal startup. swapped out fuses and relays, they are good
Does anyone have input on what can be checked that would prevent this pump to run.

Last edited by 98 TransAm; 09-26-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Teching In

I just checked the hose from the pump to the check valve at the joint over the drivers side front wheel and I can hear the exhaust and feel a vacuum (negative pressure).
When starting from a cold start I do not hear the pump. I cleaned the input to the throttle body and checked all connectors and cleaned them.
This problem all started when we were working on the car and had removed the air intake filter housing upper body , unplugging everything and then subsequently putting it all back together. We had installed a new transmission.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Default DTC 410 and 412 code fixed

I did a visual check of the system starting with the stock air intake. I noticed that the flow sensor and the MAF sensor were dirty I also noticed some debris against the sensor screen. Upon removing the housing I noticed that the intake hose between the air housing and the throttle body was not connected at the bottom of the opening on the air housing. I got some MAF sensor cleaner (CRC) and cleaned the components. I also as a precaution used electronics cleaner on the connectors. When I put everything back together I reinserted the hose into the housing. I started the car had some burn off, I turned the car off and restarted it three more times and the light went out and I can hear the pump running now.
I am guessing that the air leak behind the sensors told the PCM there was no air flow or insufficient air flow and caused the 410/412 failure. I am going to get gasket maker and seal the hose to the housing opening to prevent a future failure. I drove the car for a half and hour and no MIL light.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Teching In

As stated in the beginning this problem all started when my son put the air housing back on the car and plugged in the connectors. Of course we thought it was the sensors and it really was a self induced mechanical problem.
SELF QUESTION: WHAT WAS THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENED OR YOU DID JSUT BEFORE THE PROBLEM SURFACED!

Quick Reply: DTC 410/412 Check engine light - can't pass State Inspection - HELP!