Sponsored by:

Frankenstein engine P0342 camshaft code

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Frankenstein engine P0342 camshaft code

Give you a run down of what's going on.

LQ4 block, pistons and crank, LS6 243 heads, LS2 timing chain and cam (I think the cam is), LS6 intake. Shoved it into a 2001 Z28 with the stock harness and didn't know that it had an LS2 cam/chain setup. Originally tried the rear cam sensor but got P0343 CMP voltage high error. Figured out that the LS2 timing chain and timing cover were on there for a reason and not just for looks. Extended my stock harness to the front of the engine and now I am getting the P0342 cam signal low voltage.

I double checked to make sure I connected the connectors to the correct wires as the previous setup (pink/black to pink/black, red to red, brown/white to brown/white). Are the pins different for the LS2 sensor from the LS1 sensor?

My tach isn't working either and I read somewhere that the P0343 error makes the tach not function. Does the P0342 error do the same?

Also, I am using a Diablosport Predator along with my laptop to view realtime data. On the realtime data I'm not seeing any of the counts for the CMP voltage high to low and low to high areas. Will I not see those with these errors?

Quick Reply: Frankenstein engine P0342 camshaft code